Site Inactive
Membership

Site Contributions

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bound by Blood Forum Index -> Event Announcements & Planning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lloria
Initiate

re: Event Idea

I mentioned to Blyth a few days ago that I DM'd a few DnD campaigns a few years back and I've offered to do something similar for this guild if there's interest for it. For people experienced with campaign style events, it would basically involve a rolling system designed for this game.

For those of you not familiar with the style, a campaign would involve a storyline that takes course over a series of regular events. I, as the DM (Dungeon Master), would control the NPCs and handle the technical work of providing the framework for the story. The upside to this is that you have a storyline and more of a world to interact with because of the reactions of the DM. The downside is that it can be an exclusive experience, especially as it wears on. After all, it's hard to talk to people not involved in the events about how you just blew up the Overwatch Keep with people that aren't in the campaign, and that such an event therefore didn't happen for, eh?

Regardless, I have begun converting the system I made for WoW to be able to use in Rift. Drop me a tell or a mail in game, or post here if you are interested.
Lynxkitten
Senior Officer

At what level range were you planning to aim this?
Lloria
Initiate

It wouldn't really matter. Granted, you might want to be as high level as possible for the sake of having access to more item stuff but it would basically be RP through raid chat.
Lloria
Initiate

Alright, so I am finishing up with the abilities for Warriors and beginning Rogues and I'm running into a problem. I am beginning to realize that there are simply too many callings from an RP perspective for this system so I am considering trying to consolidate things.

The general idea behind the system is every calling would get 6 abilities every hero level (1-5). What I think would be a better idea is to simply give each class 6 abilities and let players customize their abilities according to their specific calling as they reach new ranks. Ideas?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bound by Blood Forum Index -> Event Announcements & Planning All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Last Forum Posts

Who's Online

Ventrilo Status

Server Status